Endowed Professorships and Chairs
Nearly 15 years ago, Northern Kentucky University created its first endowed chair position. Reserved for leaders in their fields, endowed professorships and chairs reward outstanding performers, researchers and professionals in each discipline.
Endowed positions also strengthen the university. Their knowledge and practical experience enhance classroom discussions and their connections in the community and with corporations help students secure internships and jobs post-graduation.
Endowed funds provide a supplemental, reliable stream of funding to support the teaching and research of the position holder, in addition to what university funds may already provide. These funds are used to support students, equip labs, fund community outreach and research, offset travel to conferences and develop new courses.
Learn more about some of NKU's endowed faculty below.
Our Endowed Faculty
- John Carmen, Ashland, Inc. Professorship in Integrative Sciences
- Ken Jones, Rosenthal Endowed Chair of Theatre
- Kevin Kirby, Evan and Lindsay Stein Professor of Biocomputing
- Brad McCombs, Schiff Professor of Art
- Amber Onorato, The Dorothy Westerman Herrmann Endowed Chair in Science
- Mark Wasicsko, Bank of Kentucky Endowed Chair in Educational Leadership